The [F]use is lit…

Joining the cornucopia of emulators today is a port of the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator (Fuse), a Sinclair Spectrum emulator. A nice addition to the PSP port is support for ZIP files.

I’m happy with most of the port, however, there is an issue with intermittent tape loading hangs that I will be investigating further. To mitigate this issue (and Spectrum’s slow tape loads), I’m (grudgingly, for those of you who remember Caprice32 ;) ) adding support for Z80 files from the game tab. The ‘autoload slot’ feature is also available.

Please check the documentation for any other issues. Feedback is always appreciated!

Download

This entry was posted in Fuse, Release and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The [F]use is lit…

1. brcu says:

Great work, it’s good to see another Spectrum emulator on the PSP.

Fantastic first release and I look forward to updates.

I helped with testing with PSPectrum, so send me an email if you need a tester.

Thanks for your work.

2. uberjack says:

Thanks for the offer,

I don’t generally do “closed testing,” however, if you’d like to submit bug reports (other than the known issues listed in documentation), by all means, go for it.

3. brcu says:

Sure, will post anything issues I find.

I have a suggestion for a feature if possible, can you add enable/disable usb as an option so I can access the game folder on the memory stick (It just saves going to the xmb and back into the emulator) Useful when deleting/changing screenshots or adding new games to the memory stick).

4. brcu says:

Possible Bugs?

RZX files don’t work has the feature been removed in the port ?

The emulator doesn’t seem to exit cleanly back to xmb at times.

5. uberjack says:

RZX (and a number of other extensions) were omitted from the last version (oversight on my part). They will be included in the next release.
    When you say exit cleanly – does it hang?

Please send bug reports by email; it’ll be easier for me to track them that way. Thanks

6. great emulator uberjack. Another PSPectrum beta tester coming out of the woodwork here ;)

what have you got planned for this? any chance of game-sharing our favorite multiplayer speccy games? (Gauntlet online… i drool at the prospect!)

any other such cutting edge ideas? there’s a good site called myspeccy.com which has games saving their scores online – i wonder if a feature like this could be added if they would provide the modified games (i assume thats how they do it) it would certainly be a most unique and impressive feature to have.

good luck with whatever you have planned.

7. uberjack says:

Thanks. I’ve been working on ad-hoc wifi code for another emulator; if that pans out, most (all?) of my emulators should eventually get wifi support.

Comments are closed.